Re: No wonder CBS keeps two All-News Stations in NYC

> I would be surprised to learn that the cost of running either station
(not
> including depreciation, ammortization, and debt service) came to much
over
> $5 million per year.

Hmmmmm....   I don't know.  I think it's much more than that especially
in  NYC.

At the risk of generalizing....my understanding is that it takes about
$6 million  to competitively operate a 'music-based' FM station in
Boston.

So my guess is in NY news/talk is much more....

Also, while talk hosts are paid more (again, in generally), in Newsradio
, for every anchor on the air, there has to be 'support' people that are
not on the air that cost $$$.

My only thought is that *somewhere* within CBS is someone trying to plan
a way to get rid of one of the news stations...and bring the revenue
OVER to the other station.  (i.e...eliminating the expense of one...but
keeping the revenue "in the family".)  And use the newly cleared station
to bring in additional revenue at the expense of one of their
competitors.  (Chancellor, etc.  )

Since they haven't done it yet, I assume they haven't found a way to do
it.

Just my $.02