Re: No wonder CBS keeps two All-News Stations in NYC

>Having once been on the management team (and involved in the yearly
>budget process) of a major market talk and news station, I would
>estimate that your expenses of $5 mil a year is low by a factor of at
>least three.

Just the sales cost of billing $55 mil would exceed $10M yearly. Then
there's promotion, programming salaries, G&A, technical. That's at least
another 8 to 10 mil. It's profitable in the big markets, but not quite what
it appears to those on the outside looking in.

R.L. Caron
WHOM
Portland