Re: No wonder CBS keeps two All-News Stations in NYC

At 03:16 PM 6/19/98 -0500, you wrote:

>If WINS and WCBS bill $65-66 Million....I wonder how much capital it
>takes to operate these two staff/labor-intensive formats in the Big
>Apple....Anyone wanna venture to guess?

I would be surprised to learn that the cost of running either station (not
including depreciation, ammortization, and debt service) came to much over
$5 million per year. If I'm right, $55 million of that $65 million is gross
profit. I don't know how far that goes toward covering losses at the TV
network, but it must cover the losses at a lot of radio losers, like, say
WQYK (AM) in the Tampa Bay market.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205