Re: No wonder CBS keeps two All-News Stations in NYC

> I realize why CBS is holding pat with two All News Stations in NYC.
> Seven of the Top 16 Top Billing Stations in the US in 1997 were in NYC
and
> five of them are CBS owned.

...And....they are also the most expensive to operate!

> Number 4 (WINS) and number 16 (WCBS-AM) together took in revenue
totalling
> $65.8 million! (Of course, WFAN billed $50.3 million all by itself!)

News and Sports being the two more expensive formats out there....

If WINS and WCBS bill $65-66 Million....I wonder how much capital it
takes to operate these two staff/labor-intensive formats in the Big
Apple....Anyone wanna venture to guess?

Thanks for the Duncan's URL!

I'm surprised to find their information being 'given away' for free.....
.!

BM