News Judgement???

Now, let's see if I've got this straight:  to put on extra coverage on WBZ
Radio during this past Saturday's torrential rainstorm was a problem; but to
send Jay McQuade on a plane with Louise Woodward (a convicted felon) to
England to cover her press conference (!)--  now, that is no problem at all.
HUH?????  Am I missing something here?  Okay, Louise has been news for a
while-- some would say far too long-- but why send a reporter to cover her
news conference?  Won't it be sent via satellite???