Re: News Judgement???

but to
>send Jay McQuade on a plane with Louise Woodward (a convicted felon) to
>England to cover her press conference (!)--  now, that is no problem at
all.
>HUH?????  Am I missing something here?

Nope.  Line drive right up the middle, yet again.  I would have expected
that of Channel 7 and the everpresent Zelig, er, I mean Dan Hausle, but a
local radio reporter?  Is McQuade also covering "the story" for the TV side,
as well?  Even that seems, as they say across the pond, "a tad silly."

Back yards flooding here at home, a 50 year storm - think of the radio-fun
you can have with that sort of piece.  Everybody has a story to tell, up and
down, down and out.  I guess we have to leave that to NPR when it comes to
covering the human side of struggles.

As for WBZ radio reporting, have you checked out their morning top hours
lately?  FEW voicers, rarely a live shot from anywhere.  Pretty much out of
the box stuff unless something goes poof.  Or an unemployed nanny throws a
press conference.  I will stop now, for my BP doth rise.

"We're LIVE in Liverpool at the site of Elton John's fountain unveiling,
blah blah blah.  Do pass me a biscuit will you, Reginald?  Back to you,
Gary."

Bill O'Neill