Wee Eye

>But another reason I think the old 'EEI lost money was that it was a 5,000
> watt signal with a north/south directional pattern.

To quote a line from "Ground Hog Day,"  "BING!"

Had the news station's frequency flipped to 850, coupled with a good
'offensive', perhaps there would have been a better result, or at least
effected the direction WBZ took as it went News.  The former 850 WHDH tried
to compete in news (even Frank Kingston Smith's top hour IDs couldn't save
it!) but not in a way that the old 590 WEEI had it going on.

Bill O'Neill