WAAF (was Re: O+A land on 'NEW)

This reminds me of something I've awnted to ask for some time.

When I lived in New England (up to 1976), WAAF was known as a Worcester
station; after all, it was licensed to Worcester.  The distance netween
Worcester and Boston is quite a stretch...greater than the old WVBF's famous
ID "Framingham/Boston".  Yet Radio & Records magazine considers it a Boston
station, and indeed, so many postings related to Opie and A*** seen here
imply that WAAF has a city-grade signal into Boston.  What's up?

Now for those into nostalgia:  Does anyone recall ythat the original
WAAB/Worcester was truly a Boston statin?  And that the original calls,
WAAF, meant, "WAAB-FM"? And that at one time, WAAB was Top 40 (complete with
Granny Goose, etc.)?

Anyway, now that we know how to catapult our careers into Market #1 as O&A
did, may I remind you that Howard Stern once literally hung out in the lobby
of WBCN, as a groupie? And like my friend, the late talk show host Lee
Flowler said to me in person, regarding one's status as a talk
host/personality, "Today, you're either outrageous, or out of work."

:) shel