Re: O+A land on 'NEW

At 12:27 PM 6/16/98 -0400, Mark Shneyder wrote:

>Wow, I can't believe it but last week's Inside Track's report on O+A's
>landing an afternoon drive-time gig on WNEW 102.7FM was correct. It looked
>even more dubious after Daily News' David Hinckley couldnt confirm the
>story. But, in this morning's New York Post, 'NEW's PD Garry Wall confirms
>the hiring of Opie and Anthony. They start at the end of the month.

I wonder if this means other changes are in the wind at WNEW.  O&A must be
the only 'NEW-FM air staffers who weren't even alive when Woodstock
happened...the rest of the air staff must have been in their 30s even then.
 Does this mean 'NEW-FM is finally making a real effort do ditch their
"hippie station" image?