No Subject

Subject: TV DX Reception.

Last night, around 11 P.M., I experienced (at my home in Norwood, Mass.) some
 TV DX mostly from Connecicut.

The strongest signal was WBNE-59 New Haven, which seemed like a "local".

The next best signal was WFSB-3 in Hartford.

I also had occassional strongt reception of WHCT-18 Hartford (carrying Shop
 At Home) and WTXX-20 Waterbury (airing a "Mad About You" rerun).

I think I even got--but barely viewable and listenable--WXTV-41 and WNJU-47
 in the New York area (both seemed to be running local Spanish-langauge
 newscasts).

WBNE-59 was running a rerun of "M*A*S*H", followed by a promo for a baseball
 game between the Yankees and the Montreal Expos that would run Thursday
 night (this would be from WPIX New York).

I couldn't receive WVIT-30 in Hartford, and there was some weak picture
 (no sound) on channel 8, but not enough to tell if it were WTNH in New
 Haven or WMTW on Mt. Washington.

I also got sporadic reception of Connecicut Public Television, mainly of
 channel 24 in Hartford, but a couple of times, I got channel 53 in
 Norwich and channel 49 in Bridgeport.

This was all received with an indoors "rabbit ears" antenna connected to
 my TV in place of a cable coax which I removed for a half-hour or so
 after it became apparant from weather reports that there might be good
 TV DX conditions.

Joseph Gallant

<notquite@hotmail.com>