Re: MESSAGE ID: 1EC610858 (Document link not converted)

Greetings

I've found that DXing is not always at its best with a big and high
antenna.  One of the tricks in gettings good DX is to minimize the
semi-local signals. Growning up in Nashua with a very large hill between my
home and Boston, an antenna mounted quite high was necessary for noise free
Boston reception on VHF. By using a very low antenna for DXing I was able
to get a considerably weaker signal from Boston while not affecting the DX
signals arriving at a high angle over the nearby terrain.

Rabbit ear antennas can be helpful in Dxing if they work poorly receiving
the semi-locals!

John

NORIAC@mln.lib.ma.us
06/11/98 03:29 PM