Re: Happy 50th WBZ-TV

>> Seems like the Boston Globe and Boston Herald did a better job covering
> >Ch 4's 50th anniversary then Ch 4 itself!!!!Both papers had good
articles
> >on the TV pages today.
>
> And how did that stuff get written?  Yes, friends, your faithful Auntie
> Donna got asked to write it, because WBZ-TV did not have any up to date
> written timeline or information about the station's early history beyond
> two-page memo by the late great Gordon Swan.  There was supposed to have
> been a video (cancelled-- budgetary reasons, I am told).  There was also
> supposed to have been more than what they did, but I am glad my writing
was
> helpful, even if my name wasn't mentioned!!!  History lives-- sort of...
So it looks like we won't be getting a gala 90 minute 50th anniversary
show.They had a 2 minute piece on the 6PM news tonight,at 6:13PM.Showed the
clip of Arch McDonald in 1978 telling how he used a keg of nails and a
piece of plywood to bring us New England's first TV broadcast,quick clip of
Bruce Schwoegler(sp?)predicting the Blizzard of 1978,and quick shots of the
Soldier's Field Rd.building back in the early days.Sad that the 50th
anniversary doesn't seem like a big deal to the CBS folks,but thank you
Donna for your input for the newspaper articles and your tireless efforts
in researching WBZ's history.I'm sure I speak for most,if not all of the
folks in this group in appreciating your historical knowledge on not just
WBZ,but other broadcasting events as well.
                                                         Mark Watson