Re: WMTW-TV Moving tower

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998 Radioboyrg@aol.com wrote:

> I think I heard that WMTW does not want to pay to keep up the
> generators up there...

That's what I've heard as well.  It has to be costing them a
fortune--otherwise, why would they spend $3 million to get off the
mountain?  And if Channel 8 leaves, the fragile economics of having
transmission facilities on the mountain will likely claim WHOM and
WPKQ as well.  There's no way Fuller-Jeffrey and the smaller cable
TV, ham radio and government tenants can shoulder the immense costs
alone.

Take care,

Chris