Re: WCBS-FM

At 01:42 AM 6/8/98 -0400, H Glazer wrote:
>Steve Sawyer writes:
>>And WCBS-FM is the best sounding format ... burys WODS ... etc.<
>
>Living in Connecticut, but not close enough to NY to pick up 'CBS-FM,
>I'm curious: Is the station great because of its jocks, its approach, or
>its music? Do they play the same tried-and-true oldies as 'ODS in a
>stronger-personality format or are they a different animal musically?

I know most of their airstaff consists of long-time NYC jocks...I suppose
that does add a bit of heritage and continuity to it.  Myself, I think WODS
sounds better than 99% of the oldies stations I've heard.  Not that I
listen all that much, but it sure beats your typical "good times and great
oldies" station with their entire playlist on 20 GoldDiscs....not sure why
everyone disses them so.