WKNE (was Same calls since day 1)

Doug wrote--

>The current user of the WKNE calls (1290 Keene) claims a first broadcast date
>of June 2, 1927. Whether they were WKNE (on 1290) then, I don't know. (They
>also bill themselves as "Keene's First Station".)

As you know, I bill myself as the Queen of France <g>.  While Ed Brouder
probably knows more about this than I do, my list of 1927 New Hamster
stations only lists WKAV (1340) in Laconia and WBRL in Tilton.  There were
also some amateur stations, of course.  I think WBRL, which was mainly doing
religious programming on a limited schedule in July of 1927, was at 1290,
but the call letters of WKNE were NOT assigned to Keene (or anywhere else--
I have the FRC  official station list...)