Re: Gripes about Howie Carr/WRKO

This may be a good idea. You never know who could be the "new" owners are
going to be but I know that we will find out soon. You just don't know these
days where the corporate end of things will go.
I was thinking about Disney when they canned Jim Hightower because he was
criticizing the Telecom Bill and the Disney/ABC merger and how they could fire
such a talent because of such a trivial matter. What is a political discussion
show to do when the issue of the Telecom Bill comes up? Well, ignore it, in
the case of every other show. I think the Hightower situation sent a cool
breeze through the minds of programmers and hosts. Don't go after the big
guys; keep the little people fighting over the crumbs.
The new owners will have to look at the new ad rev numbers and will probably
be freaking, especially if they pay prime $$ for WRKO and other stations. Then
again, maybe they won't give a damn.
As a listener to WRKO I would really like to see some things shaken up over
there. That may or may not mean the end of Howie Carr, but at least provide
some rebuttal on a level of both civility and opinion.

In a message dated 6/4/98 4:09:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time, billo@erols.com