Re: 6/1/98: Sacremento Bee article on Human Bar Codes

> If you chose to throw me off the list, it is your
>list. Do so if you feel.

I, for one, do not understand the basis for throwing anyone off this list
for transmitting copyrighted material--intentional or not. Is the list
operator legally liable for transmitting messages over which he/you have no
control? If so, wouldn't every node on the internet, through which this
material passed, also be liable? I'm not a lawyer, but it seems to me that
the greatest risk for transmitting copyrighted material is incurred by the
originator of the message.

Also, I thought the slap on the wrist to Mr. Schinella was rude in tone and
unduly harsh--especially in light of the apparent difference of opinion with
respect to what is and is not a violation of the law. Perhaps, the
admonishment could have been made in a more friendly and constructive
manner.

Steve Low