RE: 94 1/2 FM

There seemed to be a trend among Boston area "Beautiful Music" stations in
the 70's making a -soothing- word out of their call letters.  We had COZy,
JIB, WSSH (99.5), WWEL (107.9) and wHUE (100.7?).

I thought it was pretty cool when Clark Schmidt from WBZ-FM went over to
WCOZ and made it into an album rock station.  He ran it mostly automated
for the first couple of weeks, much like WBZ-FM.  Then he was joined by his
ex-station mate Ken Shelton.  For his debut song, Ken played Elton John's
"The Bitch Is Back."  I believe that song was forbidden from the WBZ-FM
playlist because of the objectionable title.

Some of the other air staff in WCOZ's infancy:  Mark Parenteau, Lisa
Karlin, Leslie Palmiter, George Taylor Morris, Jerry Goodwin, Robert
Desiderio.  (Whew!!)

- -Lou

And don't forget to visit
the incredible website: