Blues on The Radio

On yesterday's "Let's Talk About Radio", Donna
Halper remarked that "last week,Tai had an interview
with blues musician Buddy Guy, and I was thinking that
it used to be you could HEAR blues on the radio,but
now the only way to get it is to have a bluesman on
a talk show", or words to that effect.
Well, of course, there are blues radio shows out there,
mostly on college or public radio. In fact, I do one:
"The Juke Joint", Sundays from noon to 3 pm on
WMWM-FM in Salem. (The only way I can hear LTAR is by
putting  a C-90 tape at 10:30 in my auto-reverse-
recorder!).

And there's even a little blues on commercial radio,
with shows like WBOS' "Blues On Sunday". But Donna
does have a good point-- most stations won't play
stuff like blues music, and for many people, the
only way they hear about blues is when a bluesman
is interviewed on a talk show!

Bob Nelson, "the Juke Joint"--WMWM
Website: http://www.angelfire.com/mn/jukejoint