CB on FM, etc.

With the FCC now mulling over the possibility of allowing low-power FMs to
further clutter up the little precious bandwidth we have (I call it the
beginning of CB...we could have calls like WAAA (CB) ), I have this question
at least one of you wil be able to help me with.

It regards what appears to be a reverse-translator issue.  Here in south
Florida, a COMMERCIAL station in Ft.Pierce, about 70 miles from W.Palm
Beach, is identifying itself primarily as 91,1.  Yes, 91.1, one of the
non-commercial frequencies!  I forgot the station's calls right now, but it
is obviously legit, as it is in stereo, and runs spots, etc.

The station's identifies itself primarily as  "Jammin' 91.1" "and 107.1 in
the Palm Beaches". 107.1 is the station's translator in my area; 91.1 is the
station's legal ID, as Fort Pierce.  I thought that  commercial FMs could
have translators, but only on commercial freqs.

It might as well be a pirate,as the caliber of the jocks is
radio-school-esque.    But in my area, there are definite pirates as well,
at least one of whicj is selling commercial time as well.  It';s been on for
at least a year, and the FCC hasn't even responded to my request for action.

How many fo you believe as I do that the FM band is turning into CB for the
radio wannabees? This is NOT an issue of freespeech, but one of keeping
within the law, which includes not interfering with legitimate statons which
pay hefty fees to get on and stay onthe air.

Thanks! ")

Shel Swartz

WRKO/The Big 68 Remembered!
508 Glenwood Drive