Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 5/30: WNEQ, RIP?

Scott D Fybush wrote:

> *A station sale in NEW HAMPSHIRE: Cumulus Media is adding to its New
> England group with the purchase of WKNE AM-FM (1290/103.7) in Keene.
> More on this one next week.

When posed with this question earlier this week, WKNE owner Dick Lightfoot
"angrily denied" that the stations are for sale. Of course in the world of
broadcasting, that signifies a definite maybe...

> Brattleboro's WKVT-FM (92.7) makes some changes at the end of July.
> The CNN Radio affiliation is out -- and so is the Westwood One Adult
> Rock & Roll satellite format the FM has been using.  'KVT-FM will
> reportedly keep a classic rock format, but we're not sure yet whether
> it will be local or another bird-based format.

It will be local, though automated part of the time. New automation
equipment (for both the AM and FM stations) is slated to begin being
installed in the next couple of weeks. The AM automation system we are
currently using has been in use for 15 years, and has been used
continuously (24 hours a day) for the last seven, and it's getting very
tired. No program changes are currently in the works for the AM, though
this would probably change if WKNE is sold, as both AM stations share AM
drive time programming (originating from WKNE).

Doug Bassett
Full Service Part Timer
WKVT AM/FM
Brattleboro, Vt.