Howie Carr

I know that several people on this list detest Howie
Carr.I happen to enjoy his show.He may be considered
crude by some,but I've heard worse.And if you disagree
with his politics,fear not...he doesn't do much
political talk these days anyway;more "lifestyle" or
"water-cooler talk" discussions these days.Now that
Howie is on the verge of going national(and yes,he has
been shot down before in his efforts to do this),the
whole country may soon be hearing him...It looks like
the "serious" talk show hosts are an endangered
species;Brudnoy is certainly there,as is Jerry Williams
(though only on weekends...and Gene Burns is around,
at least in San Francisco).Yeah,lowest common
denominator rules.Let's try this:we'll have one host
talk about international affairs and the economy,and
the other talk about what they like on cable TV,and
what "supermarket gripes" they have.Which will get
more listeners or more advertising dollars?

I've even put together a basic Howie fan Page,at
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Theater/8100/howie.
htm .Say what you want about Howard Louis Carr;he's
not going away(insert disgruntled comment of your
own here).