Poor Reporting

<<On Wed, 20 May 1998 12:16:49 EDT, Dib9 <Dib9@aol.com> said:

> This is not really true.  Most pagers work off a local or regional network of
> towers and the satellites only come in to play if you have service outside of
> your local area.

Not true.

> It would be fair to say that 80% of SATELLITE pagers do not
> work, but most pagers are not satellite pagers.

Whether the pagers themselves receive satellite signals directly is
largely irrelevant.  What matters is how the paging data itself is
transmitted to the individual transmitters.  In the case of my
(931.8625 MHz) pager, the transmitters (at least in Boston) are fed
via satellite -- so my pager doesn't work.

- -GAWollman

- --