Musical Wonders (was: who's an ignoramus?)

But there have also been songs that amazed me by how good
>they were, and they DID become hits.  I guess not everyone out there is
>stupid all the time... and it's a good thing!

"You Light Up My Life" struck number one.  Then there's that wierd country
oldie (forget artist) "My Doot Doot".  "Cement Mixer Putty Putty" in the
late swing era had to trigger head scratching.  Doo- Wop was considered
"Devil Music" leading to pregnancies (in humans).  Can't imagine how Scat
was received.  Oops, Barry Scott's on line 2.
Bill O'Neill