Re: Sinatra tributes

In a message dated 98-05-19 07:33:34 EDT, dan.strassberg@worldnet.att.net
writes:

<< But on the third hand, I think WQEW has overdone it. WQEW was still running
 100% Sinatra last night (Monday). By my reckoning, they had by then been
 running 100% Sinatra for over 100 hours--more than enough time to play all
 1307 Sinatra recordings more than once. I've begun to think WQEW's Sinatra
 tribute is in the same genre as the Seinfeld finale. Make people so sick of
 it (it being the Seinfeld show or Sinatra's music), that they become glad
 it's finally over. You know, there will be Seinfeld reruns, and Sinatra CD's
 are still available (or they will be, once the record stores get a fresh
stock).>>

I don't think so.  You have to remember that Sinatra was born in Hoboken, NJ
and many people in that area know him from way back.  Sinatra also spent a
good part of his early career playing New York clubs.  You have to figure that
Sinatra is the "star artist" for the QEW format, and New York is his home
turf.  I can forgive WQEW for devoting the amount of time that thy have spent
honoring Sinatra.

Mike Thomas, WXLO & Premiere Radio Networks