Re: More Media overkill

On Fri, 15 May 1998, PWerlin wrote:

> How much media attention did the death of Elvis get?  I'll bet it got plenty
> even back then.  (I dion't like Elvis so I didn't pay much attention)

It was well covered as a major news story, but I don't think it took over
the whole newscast.  Likewise the death of Bing Crosby.

While I agree that it may be overkill to devote most of a newscast to
Sinatra, I do think it's a slow news weekend.  No Woodward trials, and
Monica is old hat.

On the other hand, I'll probably be delighted if the newscasts are filled
with Howdy Doody footage when Buffalo Bob dies (He's 80 and in good
health, BTW.).

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/