Re: More Media overkill - so what?

I am not a Sinatra fan, or part of the "generation" that grew up idolizing
him, but
still, I am not surprised OR bothered by the fact that the media has made a
big deal out of it.
To many people, his career, success, and his humanitarianism was a big deal.
The media covered Kurt Cobain's death (Nirvana), and he was miles and miles
(and miles...) behind Sinatra, and the media covers every other similar event,
deaths of movie stars and musicians, with retrospectives etc., so why does
this seem so strange to people?   I saw Seinfeld's first girlfriend being
interviewed on TV one night, for crying out loud --  now THAT to me was
overkill.

well, just my $0. 025