Re: WNFT continued

In a message dated 98-05-15 12:57:36 EDT, kc1ih@mediaone.net writes:

<< So, you are saying that a radio station should only do what is the
 cheapest, and not try to do something different instead?  Do you find it a
 problem that they are trying to serve a different (minority) audience? >>

No, I'm not saying that at all.  I was responding to a post which explained
that WNFT may have switched to this format since it was an "inexpensive"
option while the station is in trust.  I simply said that a simulcast with a
local station would be a cheaper option under these circumstances.  Obviously,
it would be nice if this format was to stay in place, and I agree that
targeting the growing minority audience makes sense, however, since the
station is on the block, this situation is only temporary.  Eventually, WNFT
will be spun off, and the new owners will probably dump "The Touch."

Mike Thomas, WERZ & Premiere Radio Networks