Re: Seinfeld

In a message dated 98-05-15 01:48:18 EDT, Donna writes:

<< Umm, am I the only person in America who thought Seinfeld was a lot of
 hype-- full of sound and fury, signifying nothing?   >>

I don't want to start another round of generational warfare, but I think it is
an age thing.  Seinfeld was much more popular with people under 40 and if you
are not in that age group it probably isn't a big deal to you.   It's a matter
of perspective.  Frank Sinatra's death is not a big story for most people
under 50, but I bet it will get major coverage on all the news shows tonight
and through the weekend.  In both cases, I think major events in popular
culture are worthy of news coverage.  Also, there was not much local news last
night anyway.  Everyone was watching Seinfeld.  (:-)

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine