WADN sold

Yesterday's FCC actions contained a listing of an application to transfer
control of WADN from Assabet Valley Communications (that's Ned Crecelius's
company) to Money Matters Radio. I'm guessing that MMR shareholders include
Todd Feinberg, GM; Rich Glynn, SM and President of New England Sports
Marketing in Framingham; Barry Armstrong, President of New England Advisory
Group, the Newton-based financial-advisory group that leases time for the
Money Matters program (M-F 8:00-11:00 AM); and probably Dave Cohen, CPA, of
Cohen and Habian CPAs in Boston (who lease time M-F noon-1:00 PM). Maybe
Crecelius is retaining a minority interest. As we know from a number of
posts here, Crecelius is now GM of WSMN. Do you suppose he's running WSMN
under LMA or LMA to buy?

If the acquiring group has or can raise the money to buy WKOX, they may be
onto something. MMR could sell the 1120 frequency to Costa-Eagle, giving
WNNW a full-time signal. This would make possible a move of WKOX's TX to the
WADN site--perhaps the _only_ available site in eastern MA for WKOX's 50-kW
upgrade. Even more remarkable, _no_ new towers would be required.

Since, Armstrong, Cohen, and Feinberg appear daily on WADN (as does
Glynn--in the commercials he sells; I guess Feinberg doesn't have the heart
to tell Glynn to stick to selling; Glynn has _zero_ talent for writing or
voicing commercials), it seems as if WADN's financial-talk format will run
for a while. Of course, that's _if_ I've correctly doped out who the
principals of MMR are.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205