Re: WHOB Nashua

> Why do I get the impression that Bump is equating Paula's age with the
fact
> that the station was "all over the map?"

You're right.  I shouldn't have appeared to connect them.

However, there are many stations that sound as if they are playing the
20-something PD's favorite records.  (i.e...If *I* like it...why doesn't
everyone else....?")

There is nothing that prohibits a 20-something from being a great PD.

However, sometimes a young PD doesn't have the perspective and life
experiences to program to someone other than their age bracket.

> I've worked with several people who have gone through WHOB at one time
or
> another, and, from what I've heard,  the problems there were not
Paula's, but
> with the owner and the sales manager.

I have heard the same things.  From what I heard it was generally not a
well run organization.