Re: Y-107

Steve & Barb Sawyer wrote:

Finally, I found a country station.  On 107.1.   They position

> themselves as "Y107".  Trouble is, that's the only ID one ever hears.
> I've been pruposely listening between :45 and :15 past each hour to see
> if they sneak a legal ID in between spots or something, but, alas, after
> 6 days of intent listening, nary a set of calls were to be heard.  In
> the words of a friend of mine from South Carolina, "Waasuuup?"

Y107 is I beleive a trimulcast of WWVY Hampton Bays, NY; WWXY Briarcliff
Manor, NY; and WWZY Long Branch, NJ. All are on 107.1. I remember reading
somewhere a year or two ago about the formation of this trimulcast (Daily
News or Airwaves, don't remember which). I understand that the three
stations cover the outskirts of NYC nicely but in NYC proper don't do much
signal-wise (all are Class As). I haven't ventured to NYC since 1989 (didn't
listen to much radio in the brief time I spent there, either), so I can't
say first hand....

Doug Bassett
West Brattleboro, Vt.