No Subject

Subject: Tom Bergeron.

Onetime Boston TV/radio host Tom Bergeron, who used to do "After Break-
 fast" (first on the F/X cable network, then on the Fox broadcast network)
 and was considered a leading contendor for a co-host job on "Good Morning,
 America" before losing out, has been named host of the revival of the
 game show "Hollywood Squares" which will begin in the fall.

Bergeron becomes the third host of this classic show, which is being
 revived after several years off the air (Peter Marshall was the original
 host, John Davidson--the "That's Incredible" host, not the ex-hockey
 goalie now on Fox--was the second).

In addition, Whoopie Goldberg will be one of the regular panelists; she's
 expected to sit in the "center square". There may be two or three other
 regular panelists as well.

Given Mr. Bergeron's versatility, I think he'll do very well as host. Since
 "Hollywood Squares" is basically a game show with jokes, I think Tom
 Bergeron will want to play "straight man" with the wisecracking panel,
 and for that role, he'd be ideal.

Joseph Gallant

<notquite@hotmail.com>