No Subject

Subject: Just When You Thought CBS News Had Recovered from the Princess
 Diana tragedy coverage fiasco.....

Last night (Sunday, May 10th; actually just past midnight), I happened to
 tune-in the hourly CBS Radio news out of WCBS in New York.

In the newscast, the anchor (I don't recall her name) made a major gaffe
 in reporting one of the top stories.

It concerned the death of a man who uncovered the My Lai massacre during
 the Vietnam war.

The gaffe was that the anchor pronounced the place as "My Lie", whereas
 the correct pronounciation should be "Me Lie".

This incident proves that CBS News may have a lot further to go to regain
 credibility and trust among the American people that was lost when the
 news division could not get live coverage on the television network going
 the night Princess Diana was killed.

Edward R. Murrow must still be spinning in his grave.......

Joseph Gallant

<notquite@hotmail.com>