WUMB Changes Announced (sorta!)

Well, it's official!  On the "Ask the Managers" program on WUMB it was
announced that the daytime folk programming will remain, but the music
selections will become more eclectic within the category of folk music.

The nighttime program "The Quiet Storm" will end, in part because there are
now two commercial stations in the area broadcasting a smooth jazz format.
It will be replaced with a program of "roots based music," which they said
would be a blend of blues, cajun, etc..  I'm not too clear on exactly what
they meant, but I think this is similar to the previously discussed
"Americana" format.  We will find out in time, I think they are still fine
tuning things and will continue to do so once they get the program on the
air.

The weekend schedule will also have some changes, although they weren't
sure of the specifics yet, they are still working on them.  The only thing
for sure is that the Sunday program "As Young As You Feel" will not be
continued.

It is nice to have a station be so up front with it's listeners, even when
things are not final yet, and also to be so open to listener suggestions in
the formation of their programming.

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH