Re: WTRY AM/FM reception and notes

On Sat, 02 May 1998 18:49:54 -0400 Steve & Barb Sawyer <steve5@tiac.net>
writes:

>Here's a few words of observation, albeit non-scientific, about
>WTRY...
>Live during the day and some sort of either automation or satellite
weekends (at >least it seemed so this morning).

The only show that is live on 'TRY is the morning show.  AM Imus, FM
Local (Rick Mitchell).  As I understand it, all other dayparts are on
hard drive.  The jocks all do their voiceovers on the hard drive and then
go home (or do other stuff, whatever.)  It's a gas going to a family
picnic -- my cousin sitting in the back yard having a cold one, listening
to himself do mid-days...

>The FM signal, at least from what I can hear while driving across Rt.
>7 and VT Rt. 9 is solid up to the top of whatever mountain is 10 or so
miles
>east of Bennington, VT.  From there, east for about 5 miles, there is a
mix
>zone, then WHAI FM Greenfield comes in full scale most of the way to
Brattleboro.

And 'TRY-FM has a real signal problem in good part of the area.  Their
tower is in Duanesburg, far west of Albany and Troy.  They are licensed
to Rotterdam, outside of Schenectady.

>The AM, I agree seems much "beefier" recently, probably due to the
processing.  One day, I plan on making a stop at the studios on WTRY Road
off Rt 7 inNiskayuna to see if they are taking the processing off the FM
board or
>AM.

I'm sure my cousin would love to talk radio with ya, Steve!

Rick Kelly

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]