WTRY AM/FM reception and notes

Here's a few words of observation, albeit non-scientific, about WTRY...

Lately I've been listening quite a bit to WTRY.  They sound excellent (I
confess, at 34, I'm into the oldies thing and loving it!).  WTRY simulcasts on
980 AM and 98.3 FM and is wall to wall oldies.  Live during the day and some
sort of either automation or satellite weekends (at least it seemed so this
morning).

The FM signal, at least from what I can hear while driving across Rt. 7 and VT
Rt. 9 is solid up to the top of whatever mountain is 10 or so miles east of
Bennington, VT.  From there, east for about 5 miles, there is a mix zone, then
WHAI FM Greenfield comes in full scale most of the way to Brattleboro.

The AM, I agree seems much "beefier" recently, probably due to the processing.
One day, I plan on making a stop at the studios on WTRY Road off Rt 7 in
Niskayuna to see if they are taking the processing off the FM board or AM.
Signal is quite good eastbound past Bennington, but fades in the mountains.
Faintly receivable in Brattleboro, VT but there is obvious mixing with WCAP.