Re: juvenile's names

Eric Jacobs wrote:
> I have a news question. I just spent the better part of 25 minutes
> listening to WIRY Plattsburgh's local news. Besides marveling at the
> fact that the cast was 22 minutes long (no spots),  she told of a 15
> year old arrested for something-or-other, and mentioned his name. Is it
> permissible to broadcast/print the name of a juvenile?
> Methinks it isn't but I couldst be wrong...anyone know? At least
> someone's doing local news at 11pm,no matter how it sounds,(like it was
> read out of a newspaper) One other question,do they sound
> that...unique...all the time?
Yes,WIRY has been like that ever since I discovered it for the first time a
few years back.Not many stations these days read the police log,report
obituaries,etc.Be sure to listen to them at 9:05 AM,and 5:45 PM(also 1:05
PM when no Yankees or other sports)for a call in show titled"Lost and
Found"where listeners are invited to call in if they've lost/found
dogs,cats,license plates,parakeets,eyeglasses(all of which I've heard
called in in past editions) the show runs 7 days and runs for 5 min each
time,the intro and outro to the show is worth it too!!They have a fair
share of local spots running all day,even a few late at night also.
                                                       Mark Watson