Re: Gory TV coverage

>TV stations carry such live events because people watch them and that's it.
>What is the difference between a person commiting suicide on TV and people
in
>action shows and movies doing it in front of kids?? Is that better for
them?

With due deference to my friend Mike Hemeon, here is where we sharply
disagree.  The bottom line is ratings.  Which is as it should be, but to a
point.  I contend that if it could get away with it...if we could tolerate
it...there would be no end as to what TV would show in order to obtain
titillation value, which would translate into high ratings ...and that would
include live executions, a live camera showing a woman being raped before
the cops showed up, and of course,if there's to be a major event like a
bombing or assassination, certain TV execs only hope it's during a rating
period!

Just my opinion...worth just as much or as little as Mikes, as well as
yours. :)Shel