juvenile's names

I have a news question. I just spent the better part of 25 minutes
listening to WIRY Plattsburgh's local news. Besides marveling at the
fact that the cast was 22 minutes long (no spots),  she told of a 15
year old arrested for something-or-other, and mentioned his name. Is it
permissible to broadcast/print the name of a juvenile?
Methinks it isn't but I couldst be wrong...anyone know? At least
someone's doing local news at 11pm,no matter how it sounds,(like it was
read out of a newspaper) One other question,do they sound
that...unique...all the time?

Eric