Re: WTRY AM/FM reception and notes

That *is* a change on the AM.... what you describe seems closer to their licensed
eastern pattern. I've historically had trouble getting the AM going out Route 2,
and a bit less trouble going out 7.... but it's not seemed as clear as you
describe in Bennington in past years.

Steve & Barb Sawyer wrote:

> Here's a few words of observation, albeit non-scientific, about WTRY...
>
> Lately I've been listening quite a bit to WTRY.  They sound excellent (I
> confess, at 34, I'm into the oldies thing and loving it!).  WTRY simulcasts on
> 980 AM and 98.3 FM and is wall to wall oldies.  Live during the day and some
> sort of either automation or satellite weekends (at least it seemed so this
> morning).
>
> The FM signal, at least from what I can hear while driving across Rt. 7 and VT
> Rt. 9 is solid up to the top of whatever mountain is 10 or so miles east of
> Bennington, VT.  From there, east for about 5 miles, there is a mix zone, then
> WHAI FM Greenfield comes in full scale most of the way to Brattleboro.
>
> The AM, I agree seems much "beefier" recently, probably due to the processing.
> One day, I plan on making a stop at the studios on WTRY Road off Rt 7 in
> Niskayuna to see if they are taking the processing off the FM board or AM.
> Signal is quite good eastbound past Bennington, but fades in the mountains.
> Faintly receivable in Brattleboro, VT but there is obvious mixing with WCAP.

- --
Douglas J. Broda
Broda and Burnett
Attorneys at Law