tributes to Carl DeSuze

I was never a big fan of Carl's, to be honest, but I admired his longevity
(he started at WBZ in 1942 and lasted over 40 years) and thought he was an
excellent personality.  When WBZ's new management forced him out in the late
1980s, from what I gather, they never even threw a party for him or
anything.  When I talked to him about that, he said he was still hurt by it,
although of course, time heals most things like that.  Carl had a long and
important career-- he met some of the biggest and most famous stars of film,
politics, and music-- his style is no longer heard on radio, and lasting for
over 40 years at one station is a rarity.  I'm glad I had the opportunity to
get to know people like him and Gordon, and I wish their industry would have
accorded them more respect in their old age than they got... Carl made a lot
of people happy, and he deserves to be remembered fondly.