Re: WBZ/WBZA Historic Site

>Donna Halper wrote:
>Hey, there isn't even a plaque at the site of 1XE/WGI, our first radio
>station.  When North Hall burnt down in 1972, the last vestiges of a great
>little station were totally destroyed.  To my knowledge, Tufts has never
>done thing one to commemorate the pioneers of AMRAD, possibly because Harold
>Power never got along with most of the Board of Directors at Tufts...

        OK. How about, We'll insist that the state put up two historic
marker plaques: one on Page Boulevard in Springfield and one on the Tufts
campus. In fact, maybe for plaques there should be a package of sites
pertaining to technology that is put forward to the state. It could even
include computers and medical -- things that I bet Massachusetts also has
some firsts in.
        Just for radio, though, there are others. For example, the first
voice ever transmitted by radio (around 1906) is widely reported to have
been (by an experimenter whose name I can't remember right now) from Brant
Rock, Massachusetts, which is a beach neighborhood in Marshfield. And how
about a state marker on the main highway for the Marconi site on Cape Cod
(maybe there is one?).