Re: WQEW

On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, Martin J. Waters wrote:

>         Not surprising, really. The short-wave comparisons really are not
> too far off. If you don't have adjacent channel interference, the
> clear-channel stations in the 1500s start putting up significant skywave
> signals two hours or more before sunset. Last summer, I was getting WQEW
> very loud on skywave in central Vermont (with no adjacent-channel stations
> around) starting around two hours before sunset and could hear a
> significant skywave three hours before sunset.

Well, this seems to explain something that I've wondered about.  Back
around 1957-58, probably during the winter, I discovered a pretty good
signal from WPTR 1540 in the late afternoon from Bedford, Mass.  I suppose
that explains why I got it.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/