Re: WQEW

- -----Original Message-----

>On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, Martin J. Waters wrote:
If you don't have adjacent channel interference, the
clear-channel stations in the 1500s start putting up significant skywave
signals two hours or more before sunset. Last summer, I was getting WQEW
very loud on skywave in central Vermont (with no adjacent-channel stations
around) starting around two hours before sunset and could hear a significant
skywave three hours before sunset. <clippage>
A. J. Ross wrote>
>Well, this seems to explain something that I've wondered about.  Back
around 1957-58, probably during the winter, I discovered a pretty good
signal from WPTR 1540 in the late afternoon from Bedford, Mass.  I suppose
that explains why I got it.
>snip>
My non-DX type (lovely nonetheless) wife caught 1130 WBBR NYC in Downtown
Jacksonville, FL about 2pm while fishing for 1100 WCGA (10kw nda) Woodbine,
GA. It put a major hurting on the usual 1130 we get here during the day,
WFXH Hilton Head Island, SC (1kw) ("Fox Sportsradio 1130").

Ron Gitschier
WYHI Island Radio 1570
Fernandina Beach, FL
Mayport Naval Station