No Subject

Subject: Re: WUMB

I have received an E-Mail from Patricia Monteith of WUMB outlining what
 changes will occur at her station. I sent most of it on to Scott for
 inclusion in the next NERW.

Basically, the daytime folk block will stay put, although it will be
 "expanded" to cover other kinds of folk (world folk, electric folk,
 etc.). The nighttime "quiet storm" format will be dumped in favor of
 programs featuring different kinds of music.

Since I forwarded the message I got to Scott, more details should be in
 the next NERW---on the other hand, don't look for the changes at
 WUMB to reported upon by the Globe's radio column until October at
 the earliest (sarcastic remark!)

At least WUMB will still be something unique--and predominantly locally-
 programmed. This is what I was hoping for.

Joseph Gallant

<notquite@hotmail.com>