No Subject

Subject: Bloomberg on 1320

Today (April 29th), I listed to 1320 (WARA, Attleboro) at my home in
 Norwood (even with my DX-440, WARA's day signal is now hard to catch in
 the Norwood area. Years ago, as a 1-KW [non-directional?] station, I could
 hear them better.

Anyway, by turning the volume up, I discovered they are the latest to
 simulcast WADN! At one point, both call letters were mentioned.

I don't know if this wil be the fate of WARA (or Whatever call letters it
 will become) on a long-term basis.

One footnote: The new owners of WARA also own WRCA-1130. Since WRCA has a
 better signal (especially night) in Boston and immediate suburbs than
 does WADN, but with WADN having a better signal than WRCA in the northwest
 (Concord/Acton, etc.) suburbs, does anyone in this newsgroup think that
 WRCA may drop ethnic programming and run Bloomberg 24/7? Could ADD Media
 (owners of WRCA and soon 1320) buy WADN which would make it a three-station
 business news network covering most of the Boston and Providence areas?
 And if it did, would WXKS-AM go back to playing pop standards in AM drive?

<sarcastic mode on>

Bloomberg's programming is beginning to pop-up on more radio stations than
 even the Twin Falls Cavalry Baptist Church!

</sarcastic mode off>

Joseph Gallant

<notquite@hotmail.com>