Re: let's be civil...

In a message dated 98-04-24 23:30:24 EDT, dan.strassberg@worldnet.att.net
writes:

<< 've heard WJUX, and it does (or did) a fine job. A few of the air staff are
 alums of the old WNEW (AM), now WBBR. WJUX also used some of WNEW's
 intellectual property, most likely without benefit of permission from the
 copyright holder (CBS?, Bloomberg?). Among the things I heard were the
 Make-Believe Ballroom theme with Glen Miller and the Modernaires (on a
 program called "The Make-Believe Ballroom") and the famous WNEW "bouncing
 beep" news signature. I think WJUX also used WNEW's "News Around the Clock"
 positioner at the start of its newscasts. The station sounded quite
 community involved--with north Jersey and New York. They also occasionally
 mentioned Sullivan County (Monticello)--to keep their hand in, I suppose. >>

I occasionally listen to "Jukebox radio" from Ft.Lee. Turned it on five
minutes ago and nothing was there. (Although their signal varies in my area) I
know the FCC had a hearing a couple of weeks ago to deny their license
renewal.
The station is in a two story house and it's signal gets up into upstate New
York up the Hudson. It is (was) a pirates dream. Probably a good example of
what LPFM might become.

Mike