Re: WLNH tower

David W. Harris wrote:

>     Today's Concord (NH) Monitor has an article about the continued
> cleanup from January's ice storm--you can read it at www.cmonitor.com
> (nothing radio-related, though)--but you need the paper edition of
> today's Monitor to see the display ad whose text follows:
>     "January 10, 1998/The day the WLNH Tower went BOOM!/The Lakes
> Region's Radio Station 98.3 WLNH/We are proud to announce THE DAY has
> arrived!!/THE ALL NEW TOWER OF POWER!!/Broadcasting at the highest power
> allowed by Federal Law/98.3 WLNH Today's BEST Music/SAME STATION...NEW
> ATTITUDE"
>     No pictures, alas. How about a hand for the copywriter who came up
> with "highest power allowed by federal law"?  I'm sure WJIB also
> operates at the highest power allowed by the feds! Sure makes that
> modest power (Class A in WLNH's case) sound impressive.

WLNH returned to its fully authorized power at 3am Wednesday April 15th.  BIG
101.5 (WBHG) a few hours later.

Previous to that we were broadcasting at the highest authorized power allowed
if your antenna is hanging on a picket fence on a hill above a raisen field. (ha!)

The line "broadcasting at the highest power allowed by federal law" originated
somewhere else.   Sounds cool though!

Listeners and advertisers were most supportive during our operation at reduced
power.  WLNH now has a four bay antenna  and BIG 101.5 a three bay anntenna.
(I think I said that correctly...maybe someone could elaborate as to why more
bays is better)

I would appreciate Granite State members of this newsgroup taking a moment
(next time you are in your car) to scan for 98.3 and 101.5.  We're still finding
out where the signals are improved (most places) and where the signals have
fuzzed up (love those mountains).

Hopper