Re: Hot Talk

Hi Terry,

> That is what "RKO" is supposed to be is "HOT TALK"  it doesn't work
for the
> older crowd and it doesn't work for the younger crowd either.  Who
wants to
> discuss ones sex life hour after hour with Dr Laura...

Obviously, a lot of people...

>  ...or here the incessantly
> boring how Carr talk about the political families and their friends
and
> family being on what payroll in the state.

Again, obviously a lot.

While I am really turned off by the above programming.....  I admit that
it's working for the stations.  Dr. Laura is the "Talk of TalkRadio"
right now.  And Howie is probably the biggest moneymakers for WRKO.

> Boston Radio has
> become mediocre because we as listeners allowed it to be so.  Be we
young or
> old we accept mediocrity, and seem to love it.

Agreed.  Just look at the success of Jerry Springer.  The one show
EVERYONE is fascinated by....watching two people slug it out, pull hair
and bite each other on stage!

Now THAT's E-N-T-E-R-T-A-I-N-M-E-N-T!!!